terça-feira, 27 de setembro de 2011

Chapter 3_ Forgotten Faces



“Why are you doing this to me? It’s not like I’m trying to impress anybody.”

At this moment I was trying on clothes to wear this evening. I had a bunch of dresses waiting for me to try them while Andrea and Tanya were outside.

“Well, you have to cause a good impression. It’s not about impressing them it’s about your appearance. Oh, and there’s also Brian.” Tanya stated and they both laughed.

“Well, but for that I got a lot of clothes back home. And it’s time for you to stop the whole Brian deal. I got a boyfriend for fuck sake!” I said while opening the curtain showing them the dress I was wearing. They were staring at me smirking.

“Honey, I am sorry to announce that when Brian sees you on that dress his going to divorce Michelle immediately.” Andrea said.

“And probably he will drool a little.” Tanya had to join.

“You know what? I am getting out of here.” I changed my clothes. And looked at them.

“Claire, we’re just kidding.”

“Yeah, sorry.” They were serious now.

“I bet you are. I have a boyfriend. Bri is married. I am getting pissed with this conversation and I can’t take it anymore. Me and Brian are over. Don’t you get that! I’m just gonna hang out with them and probably, sooner or later they’ll go on tour and forget about me, and everything will be back to normal!” They were looking at me with a look of regret on their faces. I was getting out of the store, but I came back and said looking to Tanya. “And you are going to pay for this dress and give me when we get home!” It really was a nice dress. Purple, Brian’s favorite color… God what the fuck am I thinking!

The whole ride home was very silent and when we got there I ran up the stairs to my room. I sat on the bed, looked at the clock. 4pm. I needed to text Brian because I really didn’t know where Matt’s house was at. Suddenly I felt nervous.

“Hi! I just realized that I don’t know where M.’s house is… L Can you give me directions please? thanks”  After some seconds I got an answer. He was fast.

“Hi there Freckles ;) Why don’t you give me directions to your house so I could pick you up. I don’t accept no as an answer! <3”

Oh God! I gave him the directions, I mean, what could go wrong? Nothing, right? I was nervous but that was all.

“Can I come in?”

“Yeah Tanya, come in.”

“I got your dress. I’m so sorry. We didn’t mean to get you mad.”

“Ok. Apologies accepted. Now go downstairs ‘cause I gotta get ready.”

“Well, someone’s anxious! You want me to take you there?”

“No need to.” She’s going to freak out again.

“Why?”

“Brian’s coming here to pick me up, don’t you say a damn thing about it.”

“Aaaaahahhahahahhahah!!!” Why was she like this?! My face must have been real red of anger because she said

“Calm down! I can be happy to see him again, can I?!” 

Yeah, sure. She got out of my room and I took a quick shower, got in the dress, curled my hair a little bit and put some make up, not to much. Right when I was going down the stairs the bell rang and I froze.

“What are you doing there, it’s not for me! Open the door.”

I nervously made my way to the door and slowly opened it.

He was smiling at me. The smile that some years ago made my heart melt. His brown eyes were shining when he eyed me up. I blush very easily so I must’ve looked like a tomato.

“Are you ready to go?”

“Easy cowboy! You don’t remember me anymore?” Tanya and the guys were together a few times but when we were all together she would bring a lot of fun to the group.

“Tanya? You look so different!” They hugged and Tanya said

“You too. But I’m sure we can catch up some other time, I have to go dinner with Peter anyway… You go and have fun ok?” she basically pushed me out of the front door. Me and Brian looked awkwardly at each other but he soon broke the silence

“Sorry if I came to early, I just thought maybe we could go somewhere first.”

“Oh! Yes, of course. What are your plans?”

“You’ll see.”

We got to the car and he opened the door for me. God! His cuteness was killing me. He parked the car and I knew where we were. I started chuckling.

“Oh, don’t laugh. This was once your hiding place.” He was so right. Whenever I felt lost, sad or scared I went to that beach, specifically to one spot on that beach. If I was right, he was taking me there.

I was right. We sat on the sand between those rocks where we had a perfect view of the sunset and the entire beach. He looked at me.

“Tell me stuff.”

“Where should I start.” I laughed. “I moved with Tanya, but that you already know. To West Chester, by the way. Found a job there.”

“Why did you move here again? Don’t get me wrong, I love the fact that you’re here, but, may I ask why?”

“Yeah, sure. My cousin’s boyfriend had a really good job offer here and he couldn’t say no. And they really love each other, so we had to come along. Actually they’re engaged now!”

“Wow! That’s awesome. And you? Married? Widow?”

“Shut up, Gates!” I playfully punched his arm and he chuckled. “Actually I have a boyfriend. Tom.” His smile faded.

“Are you happy?”

“Yes. I am.”

“Did he move here with you?”

“No. He’s a lawyer and he works back at West Chester. He’s been very busy so I only see him on the weekends.”

“Oh! I see. I thought you didn’t like distance relationships…”

“Brian…”

“Why didn’t you keep in touch? We tried to contact you but we had no clue where you were at. You broke my heart and then you left all of us. Why?”

A tear was forming on my eye.

“Well, believe it or not I lost everything! I lost a lot of things while I was moving including your contacts. I know it sounds dumb but it’s the truth. But either way, if I kept in touch it wouldn’t matter…”

“Calm down, I believe you. I know you don’t lie. But why are you saying it wouldn’t matter if you kept in touch?”

“You know, after I moved I still followed your band, and I tried to reach you but seeing you getting bigger and bigger every day, with all of this girls trying to get to you, I…” I started crying and Brian hugged me. I held onto his arms. “I’m sorry… I really am.”

“Shhh… It’s ok. You’re here now. That’s all that matters. But you should never think we would replace you. We didn’t. We still talk about you to this day. We never forgot you.” He was being genuine. I knew that. I felt so stupid. He wiped the tears out of my face and I smiled at him. “You better, freckles?” I nodded.

“I still can’t believe you remember that nickname.”

“Of course I do. You hated it, but really… I think you loved it.” We both laughed.

“Oh and by the way, I’m happy to know you still like our band.”

“Of course I do, silly! You guys are super talented. Tanya still loves you too.”

We started walking to the car again. And I said

“Are Val and Michelle going to be there?” Did I say something wrong. I think I did because his face froze. “Bri?”

“Well, Val is going to be very happy to see you!”

“What about Michelle? You guys had a fight?”

“Wait…you kno-”

“Like I said, I’m a fan, and fans know stuff. But really I never thought you ended up together.”

“Apparently we didn’t” I stared blankly at him.

“Remember that text I sent you, saying you were the best thing that happened to me this week? That was ‘cause this week sucked. I officially got divorced.”

“Oh, Jesus! Are you ok?”

“Yeah, now I am. It was like our marriage was kind of a forced thing after a while, you know. But divorce it’s never a good thing. But I’m fine.”

“Ok. Now would you start the car already! I’m getting nervous!”

“Daaaamn Freckles, we’re going!!!” We laughed and went to Matt’s house. Brian knocked the door and after some moments I heard someone scream!

“Claire!”

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário